Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dear Friend.

You have done so much for me.
It seems as though you belong here, and not like you are 'living here for free'.
I know, someday soon, you and your Marine (perhaps just you andd POA) will move in to your very own home an hour away.
It will be like losing an arm.
Friend. Best Friend.
We do not always agree, or get along. But neither do The Husband and I.
It is a part of life. And a part that I will gladly weather, so long as it ensures you are always my friend.
I enjoy your company so entirely. Silence while watching Mama Mirabelle, but just knowing I have you around is the most homosexual piece of blog that has ever come out of my fingers.
You just need to understand how very much your friendship means to me.
That, at the bottom of my strange little heart, I fully believe God means for us to be friends. We both took a leap of faith, and here we are.

I know that, someday soon, K. Will deploy.
I know you will want to bear the pain, anger, sadness, and eating, alone.
I know you will want to look like many wives that you see, who seem to have it all together.
I know reaching out will feel like weakness, and failure.
I know that, though I ask, and prod, and poke, and bother, you will not tell me how you hurt inside.
I'm here to tell you- Bottling it up will drive you mad.
Trying to bear those burdens alone will only make you feel more alone.
And the wives who seem so tough at the PX? They cry themselves to sleep many a night, just like the rest of us.
I Love You. I want you to know that I WANT you to call me at 2am because you can't sleep, you're sad, and anxiety is going to eat you alive. I want you to let me share the burden of sadness, pain, and eating, with you. Please.
I know the thought is hard. But if you feel like you can trust me (and you can), know that I am here for you. In weak time, strong times, eating times, and everything inbetween.
You're my Heterosexual Life Partner.
I.Am.Here.For.You.
"Lean On me, when you're not strong. I'll be your friend"
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog